Sunday, August 7, 2011

Knitting Red & Remembering Shadow

I am knitting today - a cranberry red cardigan. I feel like being quiet because Robert & I attended a party on Friday night - something we haven't done in years. It was a reunion of old friends in the factoring industry here in Montreal. We went to our old watering hole, the Sir Winston Churchill Pub. It was great to see the old faces.
As I posted reunion photos on Facebook, I found some old photos of our beloved Shadow. He passed away last October after years of struggling with a complex disease - he was just 6 years old when he died. And Robert & I miss him terribly. Shadow was unusual because he loved people so much. He wasn't afraid of anyone, not even my rough & tumble baby grandson, Nathan, who mauled him at every turn. Shadow always remained within inches of Nathan, within inches of anything remotely interesting. He loved anyone that came to the door (think Pizza, Chinese food, etc) & mingled with strangers when we held parties in our home. He was insanely affectionate & curious. We joked that he was bipolar because he was so intense. And persistent. And he constantly played with shadows, even his own - hence the name. We love you, Shadow. You will always be in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment